September 1, 2009

First Smile



Evidentally nobody informed Carter that he needs to sleep. He was up all.night.long and most of the day today. I think that part of the problem was a little trouble with his tummy. He still seemed to not feel well throughout the day, but perked up this evening when I fed him with the original bottle he started on in the NICU. He hadn't been doing very well with the other bottle, so I decided to give the first one a shot and I'm glad that I did. He downed it without much effort. I think that feeding could be a lot easier for him now...it's just a matter of getting used to it again. I'm so happy to see him feeding himself because I hated using the G Tube. He's now hanging out in his swing and smiling at his toys. His new smile is simply adorable. It tried to catch it on camera, but of course he got camera shy. Here's a half-smile anyhow.



4 comments:

The Bender Family said...

Wow! He looks so great! What a little cutie pie! He's gonna be a little heart breaker. I am so happy that everything is okay. Continued prayers for your family. We hope that all continues to go well.

Moosman Fam said...

Okay... that's got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Could the full smile possibly be cuter than the half?

Laurel said...

He is so adorable!

Carlson Family said...

Precious! I'm so glad to see him do better each day.