May 8, 2012

Has It Really Been That Long?

Dear Carter,

I came here to tell you all about Mikey's First Holy Communion, and I just realized that I never filled you in on the rest of our vacation. As if it's that shocking to you that I might be behind on blogging. Ha!

I also wanted to tell you about a paper that Mikey had to work on in his class today.  I am always so worried that he will not include you when he has to do "family worksheets", but today, he made me so proud!  He had to write everybody in his family's name, and also an adjective to describe them.   he chose "Cute Carter" for you.  Couldn't be any more accurate in my opinion!  Just for the record, he also chose "long-tongued Brutus" which cracks me up to no end.

Back to the vacation, we spent a day at Legoland while we were in California. This has always been one of Mikey's dreams, and we knew that we needed it to do it before your brother and sister got too old for it. I feel like they really were the perfect ages for it, and am so glad that we took the time to go.
One of the very first rides we tried out was the driving school.  Your brother and sister got to drive these little Lego cars around, and they had the freedom to go wherever they wanted within the course.  It was so cute watching them cruising around on the pretend streets.
One of my favorite parts was checking out all of the different models built with Legos.  They even had the Las Vegas strip, so we got to see our hotels in a mini size.

Overall, it was a pretty great day! I have many more pictures, but Blogger isn't allowing me to upload any more, so this is all I got for now.

I want you to know that I am still missing you like crazy....although during the last few days I have felt pretty good.....like I can actually breathe....like I'm comfortable with you being completely healed and in Heaven.  I know that this is just one of those "good waves", and that another bad one is around the corner, but it is nice and refreshing to get a break from all of that emotion. I found myself looking at some pictures of you, and thinking about how blessed I have been to be chosen as your mommy. This is by far the toughest part of it....the not having you here with me....but as I've said before, I know that I will be with you much MUCH longer than I will be without you. 

I love you my little stud muffin.

No comments: