March 22, 2009

The Big Three-Oh





My 30th birthday was on Saturday, and my very sweet husband threw me an amazing party. It's kind of strange to be nine months pregnant on such a milestone birthday because you already feel really tired and slow and when you add on the birthday it makes you feel extremely old. My birthday celebration actually started on Thursday when April took me out on a "date". She treated me to our own special restaurant, Applebees, and then took me to a spa for a pedicure. It was one of the funnest nights ever, and I had SO much fun. We were both new to the whole pedicure thing, but we conquered our fears together and can't wait to do it again. I would share pictures from the whole thing, but she has yet to email them to me (hint, hint).

On Saturday, we had the party. The kids and Michael started out the day by making homeade ice cream for the occasion. It was so yummy, and the kids loved mixing all of the ingredients. Michael got me a huge cake and actually made me blow out 30 candles which he will pay for in the future. He also served a giant sandwich from Subway. The kids had a blast playing on their swingset with all of their cousins and friends, and it was nice to hang out with everyone. I got a whole bunch of gift cards and the Twilight movie. Thank you everyone for making my birthday so special.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday Sista! :)