July 29, 2008

Today At The Duck Pond








I have been trying very hard to keep my kids busy during the Summer. The boredom can creep on you so fast, that I've been forcing myself to get out of the house and do some fun stuff. Today, we met up with our friends The Travis' at our local duck pond. The kids were super excited to see all of the ducks and to feed them our hamburger buns. As Jovie says "The ducks were honkin' at us!" We walked on the trails for quite a while feeding them as we went along. Little Gavis was so cute with the way that he would conserve every little piece of bread (just like his Daddy!). My kids would just break the bread in two, and throw both of the big hunks into the water. We even found one with a crazy haircut! (Think Elvis).




The nice thing about this park is that there are lots of trails along a tiny stream, and also a huge playground for the kids to play on. We stayed for a lot of the morning, and probably would have gone for lunch afterward if Jovie wouldn't have taken a fall right as we were leaving. She managed to trip over a crack in the sidewalk and land straight on her forehead without any cushioning at all. It was one of the worst sounds that I had ever heard. Needless to say, she was very upset (so was I). The bump didn't swell right away, and looked pretty funky, so I decided to call her doctor right away. They told me to bring her in, but they couldn't get her in for another 2 and a half hours. I decided just to wait it out a little bit because I didn't feel like she really needed to go to the ER. She came away with quite the bruise, but she's OK now. On a good note, I finally found a tumbling/dance class for Jovie to join. It is a Mom & Tot class that will work perfectly into our schedule because it is only a mile away, and it is during Mikey's preschool class. We will be taking the class with our friends Gretchen and her daughter Lauren (I think our kids do everything together lol!) She's VERY excited to start "dancin school" in the Fall.

No comments: