December 22, 2009

Monkey Toes


So, I was just doing some cleaning on my computer when I came across this pic.  It makes me laugh because I remember the group of Geneticists in the NICU being amazed by the length of Carter's toes. I also remember getting upset by it, but now I can honestly say that Yes, Carter has abnormally long toes.  You may not be able to tell from the picture, but they defnitely have a finger-like quality to them.  He fans them out just like you would your hand. But you know what?  I see that as a total positive.  They are simply adorable, and he can clean his room a little faster too!

Last night, I decided to add a list of things that Carter has been diagnosed with over there ------>
The only reason that I did this is for other parents who may stumble upon my blog.  I know that it has helped me tremendously to compare Carter's conditions with other children who have a Chromosomal Disorder. I honestly didn't realize how long the list really was until I typed it out.  It looks a little overwhelming doesn't it? The good news is that a lot of it can be repaired with surgery, or has already been repaired.  The other good news is that it could be a LOT longer.  It may even be a lot longer someday, but for now I'm going to stay positive and be thankful that it is what it is. I plan to to go through each thing and explain more fully what it is. I should definitely add extra cuteness and super long toes to it as well :)

4 comments:

Sherry C said...

Very cute toes! Good news is your list will hopefully get shorter as some medical issue resolve over time... that's what happened for my daughter who also has a chromosome issue as well.

Heather said...

i love baby toes! i'm sorry that carter was born with many challenges to face right from the start. he is so precious though, isn't he? and just think of how strong and wise he will be as he grows older. lastly remember that he chose *you* to be his mama...there's a reason for that! lots of love to you all and merry christmas!

Allison said...

I think his toes are adorable!

Colleen said...

Great pic of the toes! Isaac has abnormally small toes so I think it can go either way with a chromo disorder. I remember being so upset about his ears because they are small and rotated, but now I think they are the cutest things! You know the world would probably be a boring place if we were all made the same:)