April 17, 2010

I've been terrible at this blogging thing lately. I even need to get caught up on my blog reading!


Today we took Carter to watch Mikey play Soccer. It was so much fun to be in the sunshine as a family. Mikey's moving along with his Soccer skills although he tends to follow the pack most of the game. He did score a goal last week! Here are some of my favorite shots from today.

Take that girly pink ball!



Taking A Break


Oh the frustration!
Carter's still working on gaining back his strength. His airway still sounds wonderful too! I got a call from the hospital letting us know that the Opthalmologic Plastic Surgeon is going to be able to piggyback onto his other surgery in May. He's going to be loosening that right eyelid to make it more uniform with the left eye. Really the point of that procedure will be to make it so his eyelid closes more while he's sleeping. The doctor warned us that Carter's going to look a bit like Rocky for about three weeks after the surgery, but that's OK...it's for the greater good right?

It's funny to see how Carter cycles through the things that HE wants to work on. Last week it was standing, and this week it's rolling. He's got a ways to go before he'll have the strength to do back to belly, but at least he's trying. He's never even tried before so that's pretty exciting to me.
I laid him on the floor propped up on his elbows, and guess what he did today...he rolled from belly to back!!
It took him about two minutes, and wasn't a fluid motion, but he did it! TWICE! I know that it's going to be harder for him to learn when he's completely flat, but I'm confident he'll figure it out. I love it when he learns something new. Ahhhh, it's the small things. Here he is working on it yesterday.


I'm going to be in SERIOUS trouble for posting this next pic, but I can't help myself. It's simply perfect!


5 comments:

Colleen said...

OMGoodness that last photo of Carter and his Daddy is priceless! Great job Carter on the rolling. You can do it!

Kristin said...

Yay for rolling! You'd better not be in trouble for posting such sweetness :)

Rachael said...

So sweet and oh my is he not getting so big? I can't believe it. Good job on rolling over Carter, keep it up!!!

Kelli said...

Great post...I missed you guys! Go Carter!! Working hard as always!

P.S. LOVE the last picture! Priceless!

Phyllis said...

that next to last picture is my most favorite of all Carter pictures-that little devious smirk is just too cute!! Great job rolling Carter and Mikey looks like quite the soccer star!