October 2, 2010

Festival Of Trees

Dear Carter,
This was a hard week for us. You would have been 18 months old, and that just seems like a huge milestone. It's hard to believe that you've been gone for 4 months now, because quite honestly it feels like a lifetime since I held you last. We just plain miss you.

I've been trying to concentrate on doing fundraising in your name. It feels so good to know that we can help others for you.....that you can live on in that way. I have some very exciting news! We decided that we wanted to do something for you.....about you for Christmas. Team Carter is going to be donating and decorating a tree to the Festival Of Trees. It's an amazing event in which people decorate and donate all kinds of trees which are auctioned off. All of the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital where you spent a lot of your life. This has been my main focus for the last week....just trying to get the registration process done and figure out what exactly we want your tree to look like. I've recruited a couple of my best friends to help with this project, and we couldn't be more excited. There are a lot of people who love you baby boy, and your tree is going to look AWESOME!

Carter's tree is going to be named "Keep On Keepin' On", and it's going to be in the theme of trains....after all, you are the "Little Boy Who Could". I am going to ask that if anybody has any kind of train ornament that they would like to donate to this special cause, we would love to add it to Carter's tree. If you are interested, please email me at teamcarterjay@gmail.com so that I can get you the info. Also, if anybody has any Train/Christmas tree ideas, PLEASE don't hesitate to share either by leaving a comment, or by email. We certainly could use all of the help we can get, and want as many people involved in this project as possible. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

pinkebody said...

What an amazing tree this will be! I'll see what I can come up with & include an ornament in your package. <3

Colleen said...

I'll have to look around and see if we have any train ornaments for Carters tree. I love the name!