October 9, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

Dear Carter,
Well, the fall festivities have begun! Today we took Mikey and Jovie to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out the pumpkins. It was a pretty quick visit since Mikey seemed to be really tired, and in a not so good mood, BUT he did find the most perfect pumpkin for you!
It was still a fun time, and we may go back to explore this neat place a little more.
It seems as though I've been crazy busy with getting your tree together, yet I really haven't accomplished a whole lot. Just a lot of getting ideas together and making a plan. We have had a lot of amazing donations that I'll share on another day.
For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling pretty down. I know that it was because you would have hit that eighteen month old mark on the 27th. I can feel myself starting to come out of it a bit, but really that's how it goes. I go into a wave of feeling completely overwhelmed by how much I miss you, and then come out of it for awhile. It's OK. I need those times of feeling sad to remind me how much I love you. In a strange way it reminds me that you really were here, and that your life is one that we can celebrate....that's what I'm doing by creating this Christmas tree...I'm celebrating your life.

No comments: