November 12, 2010

Movin' Along

Dear Carter,

I'm still having a hard time keeping up on this blog. I really want to get out of my writing funk because this really is the only type of journal I keep. I'm going to try my hardest to write at least every other day through the holiday season...wish me luck!

I picked up little Jovie from her preschool class yesterday, and was so thrilled when I saw this hanging on the bulletin board.
If you can't read it, it says that Jovie is thankful for Baby Carter, and there's a picture of her with you. Truer words couldn't have been written because we are all so very thankful for you. She is very excited about your Christmas tree, and even told her teacher that we were making a tree for the "fesibal of twees". What a cutie pie!

We had Mikey's parent teacher conference on Tuesday, and his teachers raved about him. He got all 3's which are like A's, and he's moving right along in the first grade. It makes me proud to see him growing up and taking pride in his work. I hope that we can keep him that way throughout school.

Tonight we are going shopping for the rest of the stuff we need to finish your tree, and then it's just a bunch of craft work to get it ready. We are still looking for more train ornaments, so if anyone is interested in helping us out, please send me an email at teamcarterjay at gmail dot com.

I'm still missing you like crazy, but doing this tree is helping me out a little. It's nice to know that we are doing something that keeps your memory alive. I hope that you can feel the love we're sending to you every minute of every single day.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Every year I say I'm going to do a tree, and I never do! Next year I'm going to do it for sure. Can't wait to see Carters!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a sweet little girl Jovie is! I can't wait to see pictures of Carter's tree.

I Just Love You said...

your train ornament is on it's way. should be there on thursday by ups...