November 13, 2010

Thankful

I've been reading about everyone's 30 days of Thankfulness, and figured that I might as well join in because I too have so much to be thankful for. Of course, these aren't in any order...just writing them as they come to my mind.

1- I am thankful for God, and for the faith he has graced me with. There is no way that I could have made it through the last two years without Him by my side. I am also thankful for our church. It is an amazing community of people, and such a calming and peaceful place.

2- I am thankful for my very best friend, Michael. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I love his charming personality, and the way that he takes care of me and our family. He can make me laugh at the drop of a hat. I love you, Michael.

3- I am thankful for my 3 beautiful children. Mikey, Jovie, and Carter have each brought their own something special to our family.

4- I am thankful for our family. They have supported us and loved us through our hard times. How did we get so lucky to have such an amazing family?

5- I am thankful for friends, both near and far. I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life.

6- I am thankful for my husband's job. Without it, we wouldn't have food in our bellies, a nice house, or a car to drive. Thank you Michael for working so hard for our family.

7- I am thankful that we live in a place that is so close to a children's hospital. I can't imagine how our time with Carter would have been if we lived hours away from a facility that could help us take care of him.

8- I am thankful for all of the pictures, videos, and this blog about Carter. Without that, I would only have my mind to keep my memories of him alive.

9- I am thankful for the opportunity to do charity work in Carter's name. It helps us to heal, and to continue his life so to speak.

10- I am thankful for my Father In Law. Even though I never met you, I have this overwhelming comfort knowing that you are with my baby boy. I'd much rather have you both here on Earth with us, but am happy to know that you are together.

11- I am thankful for Skype. I have just barely signed up for this, and got to see my Grandma and Grandpatalk to me for the first time in 18 months.

Ok, so the rest of these pale in comparison to the others, but I've gotta put it out there lol!

12- I am thankful for Bon Jovi (OK, I know this sounds silly), BUT sometimes I feel like they've written the soundtrack to my life. They have been in my life so long that it's hard to imagine it without them.

13- I am thankful for NFL football. Even if my Detroit Lions stress me out week after week. It gives me something to look forward to.

14- I am thankful for caffeine. My drug of choice.

15- I am thankful for the internet....how in the world would I function without that?

No comments: