February 12, 2011

Family

Dear Carter,
What a whirlwind day it was! It certainly ended a way that I never expected!

Last night your Daddy and I had a conversation about how far we have come since you left, and also how far we have left to go. We just felt like we needed a change in our family...somebody to take care of.,,something new. We had kind of left it at that, and I never dreamed that today we would be on the hunt for a puppy!

We started off going to the local animal shelter, only to find that it had moved to another location. We decided to drive to the new location, and on our way there we saw somebody selling full-bred puppies...it's unusual for me to want a full-bred since I typically am more of a mutt person, but we decided to stop and take a look. There was one little puppy in particular who caught my eye. I picked him up and cuddled with him for a moment...then had second thoughts and put him back down. I thought that it would probably be best to think about it for a little while, but then another lady came up and picked up that same puppy. I felt my heart say "put OUR puppy down!!", so when she did I told the owner that we wanted him. Michael made a quick trip to the ATM, and we were off on our new adventure.

So, I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family.
Meet Brutus! Our new little Pug puppy, and the newest member of Team Carter (I think he should be the mascot!)


Brutus loves story time!

Brutus, we already love you so much. We know that you are going to be good for our family, and we also know that it was no accident that you were waiting for us on that street corner today. Welcome to our family!

3 comments:

Sherry C said...

Adorable, your going to have lots of fun with him. Enjoy!

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, is he the sweetest thing ever! All of my friends that have pugs, have the silliest doggies. My cousins pug will run in circles when he wants to go outside!

Michelle said...

I have always wanted a pug...what a nice addition to the team!