March 14, 2012

The Twelfth Little Thing....That Has Me Saying WOW!

Dear Carter,

Once again I haven't been very at keeping up on your blog.  I felt like I needed a bit of a computer break again, and it really was good for me.  I feel like I'm ready to go again!!

Today, I decided to check out little Hudson's One Smile page to see how his fundraising is going, and I was SHOCKED to see that he completely crushed his first goal of raising enough funds for one surgery, and has now surpassed his second goal of getting enough for two surgeries!!  The race is only a couple of days away, and if he can raise another $110 he will have enough to change THREE children's lives forever!! Way to go Huddy!!

And to think that he's doing this in memory of you, just leaves me saying WOW again.  I don't know why I am constantly amazed by how you can continue to make a difference in this world.  It still just completely takes me by surprise...simply because you were only here for such a short period of time. I feel so So SO much pride in being your mommy. Thank you for all you do Carter Jay, it's an honor to be your mommy.

If anybody is interested in helping Hudson reach his new goal, you can follow this link: Hudson's One Smile Page .  Even a dollar would help!  I'm sorry if anyone feels like I am always pushing this charity. I feel like I am constantly asking for money for Operation Smile, but it is because it only takes $240 for a simple surgery that will change a child's life FOREVER.  I feel a strong connection to this fundraiser because I feel like Carter picked it to be his.  I would have never have even found out about it had we not done that first 5K with Carter on his birthday.  To think that it was almost exactly three years ago takes the breath right out of me, but at least I know that the tradition carries on in one way, or another.

No comments: