August 6, 2009

Stats

Carter visited Dr. Silas today for his 4 month check-up. Our little guy now weighs 10 lbs. 4 oz, and the doc is very happy with that weight gain. He measures 23 inches long. The doc was most impressed with how well his head has grown. Carter is in the less than 3rd percentile for height and weight, but in the 25th for head circumfrence. The doc said that's a very good sign that Carter's getting the nutrition that he needs. The poor little guy got his vaccinations today, so I'm sure that he's going to have a long night of fussiness if he reacts to them like he did last time.

Yesterday was another successful feeding day. I only had to hook him up to the G tube pump once the entire day. I really think that he's got this feeding thing down. I'm just praying that he doesn't revert back to his old ways when he gets his surgery in 20 days... 20 days....wow, it won't be long before my little guy is going to get a different look. The thought of his face changing still makes me want to cry, but know that it needs to be done.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yeah!! good job Carter. Keep on keepin on.