January 25, 2011

A Fresh Start

Dear Carter,
I've been thinking a lot about what I can do to help me get back on track with my blogging. Ever since you left this Earth, it's just been very hard for me to find something that I really want to write about. It's not that things don't happen around here, it's just that when I sit down to write...my mind seems to go blank.

The thing about blogging is that I really DO enjoy it. I love being able to go back through and read about all of the things that are going on in our lives. I'm especially grateful that I have practically a day by day journal of your ENTIRE life. Someday, when it doesn't sting so much, I'll be able to read through your whole life...about our journey together.

The truth is that although it feels like it, your journey here on Earth hasn't really ended.
We still carry you in our hearts.
We still grieve for you
We still miss you
And of course, we still love you.

This is the tough part of our journey, and although it's hard....it's something that I really SHOULD write about. There REALLY is a beautiful side of this story in which our faith grows stronger, and your brother and sister begin to find their own faith.

I WILL begin to write about this part of the journey.

So, in order to "get the ball rolling" so to speak, I'm stealing an idea from my dear friend, Wendy. She is doing blog posts in alphabetical order over at Greetings From The Lee Family . Wendy is starting a new journey as well, and has decided that it's very important to chronicle it. Tomorrow I'll be starting with the letter "A".

Now to figure out what to write about HA!

Love you my sweetie pie!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love you Heather. If you can't think of anything....use AMAZING for A...because that is how I see you. Peppi

wendy said...

you inspire me daily, my friend. love you so much. <3

Lacey said...

I forgot that you were the one that started that phrase!
Good luck with the A-Z, I don't think I could do it!