November 27, 2011

The Day Is Finally Here!

Dear Carter,

I can't believe that The Festival Of Trees decorating day is finally here! We go down there tomorrow to represent you for the second time. I have a mixture of emotions about it. Mostly I'm excited and happy, but there is also that mix of wishing that I was doing this while you were here. Of course, I probably wouldn't have ever done it if you were here, but still.
Your brother and sister finished up their tree this weekend. It turned out just darling! I don't want to give away too many details because I really REALLY want people to go down and see it in person, but I will give a very small tease....here is your picture on your little tree. It just melts my heart.

They had a good time putting this together. The theme ended up being butterflies and stars...almost exactly like your Carter's Hope logo! We did a mini-photoshoot with the tree this weekend, and I promise to share the results after the Festival. Tonight as I was filling out the story cards for your trees, I decided that it would be best to get Mikey and Jovie's perspective on why they did this tree for you. The breakdown is that they love you very much. They miss you. They think that you are like a butterfly because you can spread your wings, AND they think that you get to play with stars now. Oh how I hope and pray that is true! I KNOW that it is, but I still keep on praying.

Again, I have to thank all of our wonderful friends and family for supporting us on this. It's hard to believe that you will have FOUR trees at the festival for you, AND a wreath as well. I know there is no way that we could have done this without all of the donations and help that has been offered to us. I think that you will LOVE the end result. I know that I do!

For those who are thinking of going down to the festival, it is going on from Wednesday to Saturday. You will find Carter's trees in the Small trees section. He has thre five-foot trees, and one three-foot. He also has a wreath up there. I would love, Love, LOVE it if you would share a picture of your family with his trees. Thank you again for all of your support!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see it in person!!

I Just Love You said...

crap! i didn't realize it was soo soon! i'm sorry!