November 21, 2011

Thankful For New Opportunities

Dear Carter,

Isn't it funny how one thing can lead to another, and you can watch God's plan unfold? As you know, I've been filling my days with volunteering at your brother and sister's school by working on the PTA. It's been good for me to meet new people, and open up my world a little bit. I tend to get stuck in a rut, and start to feel the bitter pain of missing you when I spend too much time alone. I try my hardest to keep busy and stay around people...it's not that I'm avoiding the pain, it's just that sometimes it seems like too much. I can't stand how much I miss you.

As I told you before, I wrote a grant which our school received. Well, in doing so, I have gotten to know the principal of our school. A couple of weeks ago, both your brother and sister forgot their backpacks, so I had to run them into the school while Daddy waited for me in the parking lot. As I was walking through the hall, the principal approached me and asked if I was looking for a job. I told him that I was eventually, but I wasn't planning to until next year because your sister is still in half-day Kindergarten. After learning a bit more about the job, your Daddy and I thought that it would probably be best for me to go ahead and apply. The hours are perfect for our family....not too many, and the same days off as your brother and sister. Well, after two weeks of back and forth I finally got offered the job! I started my first day today!

To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. My job is officially an ESL (English As A Second Language) tutor, so I have an area that is set up as a classroom where I will work with students who are struggling with English. Ironic considering I went to college to get a degree in English teaching but never finished. I am taking over for somebody who left a couple of weeks ago without any direction as to where they left off. There are piles and piles of materials to sort through to figure out how I can best help these kids. It's going to be tough at first, but once I find my own path I believe it will be AMAZING! I'm so excited for this new opportunity, and thankful to God for leading me onto this path. As I was feeling a little overwhelmed today, I kept thinking to myself that I have overcome much tougher obstacles, and I can do this too!

I hope that you know how much we love and miss you baby boy. I keep on having these moments of remembering the bad lately, and just keep on praying that I'll start concentrating on the good again very soon. I feel like I need that, and I believe it will happen....maybe decorating your tree in exactly ONE WEEK will help.

1 comment:

Sherry C said...

What a great job and perfect hours! Enjoy. I have a good feeling Carter enjoys watching his Mommy working with those kids.