November 9, 2011

Thankful For Lessons Learned

Dear Carter,

Yesterday I was driving your brother and sister home from their church class and we were jamming to some Christmas songs. We've been listening to them for awhile now because they help us get in the mood to work on your tree....at least that's how we are justifying it!

Anyway, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer came on so Mikey and Jovie just started belting it out as loud as they could. After it was over, Mikey told me that he really wanted to watch the movie. I told him that we definitely would this weekend. He started talking about the movie and about his favorite parts, and then told me that there was one part that he really didn't like. I asked which part it was, and completely expected him to say something about one of the songs or something. Instead, he made me the proudest momma ever!

He told me that he didn't like that Rudolph's dad didn't like his nose the way it was.

I felt my heart swell, and the tears come to my eyes because this is exactly what I had hoped he would have learned from you. That we love people for who they are, no matter what their differences are....and I have to admit that I am a bit stunned that at only eight years old he has obviously got it. You did that for him baby boy. You not only taught him that very important lesson, you taught it to all of us.

I am even more glad that we chose Rudolph as your theme, and I hope we make your proud with our tree. I love you my little sweetie!

No comments: