January 3, 2013

My Orchid

Dear Carter,

I have this thing where I really like to buy plants at the end of the season when they are 80% off, and they look so sickly that you just aren't sure if they are going to make it. Some of them do, and some of them don't, but there is something in the thrill of the chance. Can I really bring a plant back to health? Back to the way it was before??

I bought this orchid at the end of the season last year, and it's doing well. I'm anxious to see if it will bloom. I give it all of the proper attention, and will continue to, but sometimes it's just up to the plant if its going to bloom or not. There's nothing more I can do.

Today while looking at my beautiful Orchid, I started to wonder if this is how God thinks of me. I think that he surely gives me all of the proper attention, but now it's just up to me to bloom. He knows that there have been several points in my life when I have been on the 80% off rack just hoping that He would take a chance on me.

And I have no doubts that He always does.

And He has a way of making me whole again. I just have to put forth the effort to hold up my end of the deal and bloom.

I'm working on it.

And I hope the little Orchid is too.

No comments: