January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012

Dear Carter Jay,

This year treated our family pretty good.  The only thing that would have made it better is if you could have been here with us, but since that can't happen....it was as close to great as we can get. As the year comes to a close, I wanted to share a few of my favorite highlights. we have so much to be thankful for.

There were a lot of exciting changes. A lot of exciting accomplishments that your brother and sister made. Your Daddy continued to find his footing in his management job too, and even won an award for "Most Improved Territory".  He's very humble, and won't take credit for the award, but we know better.  He totally deserves it!

I started out the year working at your brother and sister's school as a tutor.  Unfortunately my funding got cut this fall, and I went back to being a stay at home mom for a little while.  I'm excited to say that I'm working at the school again as a Computer Lab Manager.  While I still miss my old job, this one is pretty dang good too, and the best part is that I get to be near your brother and sister all day long.

At the beginning of the year, we took a family trip to San Diego. I LOVE going to the beach because I always picture you up in Heaven as my little surfer boy.  This trip brought some much needed relaxation, and their were several moments where we felt closer to you. There were so many memories that will always be held close to our hearts.


On your birthday, we sent you several balloons with little messages on them for you.  I hope that you liked them. 


Not too long after that we entered into the world of camping. We spent several weekends over the summer in our little tent trailer. It was so much fun!

Jovie joined a competition dance team, and although she hasn't competed yet, she loves it!

Your Grandpa retired, and we threw him a party.  Way to go Grandpa!!

Mikey finally found his niche and joined a swim team.  We are so excited to see where this path will lead him.

I had the opportunity to visit my Grandparents, Aunt, Uncles, and Cousin back in Michigan. I hadn't been back there in over ten years.  It was a huge blessing to reconnect with family, and I hope I can do it again soon.

I left Michigan to meet Daddy in Chicago.  He was there for a work convention, but we still had a little bit of time to play. I LOVED Chicago, and would go back any time!

We all packed up and took a trip to Montana to see Grandma Mary. It was a quick and relaxing trip.

Then of course we ran in the Operation Smile 5k in memory of you. The most exciting part is that in 2013 we will be taking over the race.  I hope we can continue to make you proud baby boy!

 

Finally, we had seven items donated to the Festival Of Trees in your memory, and they raised over $5000.  It was our biggest donation yet!


Most of all, we missed you like crazy.  You can see it in your brother and sister's faces when they got their first "Carter" sweatshirts.  We pray that next year will be another good one for our family, and we will continue to find ways to include you in everything we do.  We love you. 

No comments: