November 10, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear?



It's here!  It's here!  Now, Carter can hear!

The headband isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It ended up being all denim without stripes (thank goodness!)  He looks a little like a pirate to me.  I'm definitely ordering some different colors, and Grandma Sherie needs to get hard at work sewing him some new ones as well.

Carter reacted much better than I thought he would.  He just sat very still and tried to figure out what was going on.  He's been very happy since we've been home and just seems to be adjusting to his new sense well.  We got to try out the bone oscillator, and it just sounds like he's listening to stuff through a radio.  I'm actually pretty impressed with how well it works. 

I'm hoping that this really opens up a new world for him.  I'm patiently waiting to see what happens.



Notice the guitar shirt in celebration of being able to hear music and Bon Jovi's new album.


Mikey had his parent teacher conference today.  His teacher says that he's doing great.  She noted that he's a very hard working and shy little boy.  I'm not sure that we were talking about the same kid.  *sigh*

No comments: