August 31, 2011

His Big Day!

Dear Carter,
Your brother turned the big 8 on August 21st. We had his birthday party on the Saturday before since he had to start school the very next day. This year he requested a Lego party which meant that Mommy had to get a little creative with the pinata and the cake!






Both of them turned out pretty awesome if you ask me! He's finally getting the hang of building Legos by using the instructions that come in the kits, so he requested Legos and Star Wars stuff for his birthday.

And he got a ton of it! The kid didn't get one stitch of clothing, it was all toys! Well, toys and an adorable Pug notebook which he has been practicing his writing in (this kid cracks me up!)

Happy Birthday to my little eight year old. I begged and begged and begged you to stay seven, but you wouldn't listen.

This is going to be a big year for Mikey! I can't wait to see where it leads!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Mikey's eight birthday with us. My Mikey is turning 21 on 9-9 and it just seems like yesterday we celebrated his 8th birthday. Boy time sure does fly by!

Heather, I also begged and begged my Mikey to stay 7 but, well, as you can see he didn't either.
Terri

Colleen said...

Wow, it looks like his birthday was extra special. 8 is so fun, but getting to be a big kid!

The VW's said...

Great job on the Lego party.....you're quite the crafty Momma! :)

I love your letters to Carter! What a great way to continue to talk to him and share your life! Although, very bittersweet! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!