August 14, 2011

Update

Dear Carter,

There is still a lot going on around here which has left me with little time to update. Your Daddy has been out of town for a lot of the Summer which has left me in the "single parent" role. It's difficult without him here because he is the anchor of our family. We're making do the best we can, and am glad to see his travelling come to an end.

Mikey has had a fun Summer. His birthday is this weekend, and he'll be turning the big eight! Then he starts school the very next day as a big shot second grader. He is going to be starting his swimming lessons this week, and has also started tumbling (shhhhh, don't tell anyone though because he's a little embarrassed by it even though he's having a blast with it). We've decided that with how crazy our summer has been, it's best to opt out of Fall sports this year. It will be a much needed break.

Jovie is starting Kindergarten, and she couldn't be more excited. She can't wait to be at school again. We managed to get her the same Kindergarten teacher that your brother had, so it should be a good year for little J. One thing is for sure! She is completely ready to start school again because she is b-o-r-e-d. I try to keep her busy with different activities, but she's tired of me.

Since Daddy has been out of town a lot, I've borrowed a bike so I could go on rides with your brother and sister. I'm really, REALLY enjoying it, and am kind of looking forward to taking some long rides by myself once they start school. Maybe I'll even lose some of this extra fat in the process...HA!

I know that once again I have failed to keep up with your blog, but I promise it's only because I've been working on your other projects. I love you so much my sweet little guy. I still haven't had a dream about you, but that's OK. I know that when the time is right, I will.

I figure I have somehow managed to get myself on the PTA Board which is so completely out of my comfort zone, but I am going to try to do the best I can.

No comments: