January 23, 2012

Are You Related?

Dear Carter Jay,

I was going through some pictures the other day, and came across this one of your brother.

It reminded me so much of one of my very favorite pictures of you!

I can't get over how much you guys look alike!    You had so many of your cute little differences, that it's kind of cool to see you two looking so similar here.  I think the smile he is giving is also a lot like one that you gave a lot!

We had a good weekend, but it ended pretty sour.  Your sister got the stomach bug....and she got it bad!  She is doing much better now, but I was pretty worried about her there for a little while.  Your brother was so concerned and kept on coming upstairs to check on her. At one point he told me that he was saying the Hail Mary prayer for her, and he hoped that God would help her.  What a sweetie!  So far nobody else has gotten the bug, but I know how these things work and don't think we are completely out of the woods yet.

Although the weekend ended yucky, we did accomplish a lot on your room.  I think it's almost ready to reveal!  I must say that it feels even more like your room now than it did when you were here.  Maybe that's because it seems to be covered with you right now, and while you were here, you only came in here a handful of times because your Oxygen just didn't reach easily.

I am pleased with the way that Carter's Hope has started, but we could definitely DEFINITELY use some more Stories Of Hope to share.  I am planning on doing a big giveaway sometime in the next couple of weeks to officially kick it off.  I'm so excited about it!

I have emailed the Race Director for the Operation Smile race, but haven't heard back from him quite yet.  When I do, I'll post the info.

I love you so much little sweetie pie!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

They are both adorable little guys...I can def see the resemblence!

Kristin said...

Wow - they do look alike! I'd be happy to share Max's story... I'll look back over your posts to see how to do it, or I'll just email you :)