January 2, 2012

One Of My Resolutions

Dear Carter,

A few weeks ago, our new priest gave a talk about how you should never EVER waste the gifts and talents that are given to you by God. I took a lot of his words to heart because I honestly feel like being your mommy was one of those gifts, and at times I don't use it at my full potential. Recently I avoided a tough phone call in which I could have really helped the person calling with the knowledge that you gave me, and your Daddy reminded me that by doing that I am indeed wasting the gift that you gave me as well. This has been a common thread in my life lately, and mostly it's just because I tend to "shut my heart off" because talking about you and thinking about you hurts too dang much. It doesn't make me feel any better to just ignore it though, so it's time for me to just bite the bullet and go for it. After thinking about this for awhile, I decided that one of my New Year's Resolutions would be to finally launch Carter's Hope.

There are a lot of reasons why I've been dragging my feet on this. I would have to say that it's mostly Fear. Fear that it wouldn't work....fear that it's just a dumb idea.....fear of it failing. I need to just put my trust out there that I am doing the right thing. I do feel as though God called me to start this site awhile back, and although it took me awhile to finally do it....it's done.

So, here you go baby boy! Your new foundation. Carter's Hope!

To Carter's family and friends: As of right now it is a site meant to offer support to new parents finding themselves in the world of Special Needs, show them that there are a lot of positives about it....show them that having a child with Special Needs can be an AMAZING BLESSING! I really REALLY want it to grow into something more as we move along with this. Possibly a way to help these new parents in our local hospitals and beyond. I'm hoping that the followers of our blog will support us in this by sharing their stories about their journeys in this very amazing place we all call Holland, and also by helping us to spread the word about it. I will be publishing Carter's story on Carter's Hope tomorrow, and already have a few others in the works. If any of you would like to join in, you can find out how by clicking the link on the new site titled "Submit My Story". I would also LOVE to hear any ideas that you may have on how to make this better. Thank you so very much for your continued support of Carter and our family. We are beyond blessed!!

No comments: