January 5, 2012

The Little Tree

Dear Carter,

I'm still playing catch-up from my blogging break. One of the coolest things that we did during the Christmas season was helping your brother and sister make their own tree for you at The Festival Of Trees.

Mikey's certainly not much of a shopper, but he was very patient in helping to choose the ornaments, lights, and tree skirt for your little tree.  They decided on the theme butterflies and stars because it matched the logo from
 

They have watched me design it, and were excited to find stuff that matched. Those two are smart kids I tell ya! They wanted to paint something to put on the tree, but all that we could find were these wooden stars.  They went to work!


Then we let them start decorating.  When they were finished, there were about thirty ornaments on two branches and the rest of the tree was bare.  I REALLY wanted to leave it like that baby boy, but after some talking, Jovie and I decided to work together to spread them out a bit.

And this is the tree we ended up with.
And since I got out all of the backdrops and stuff, we decided to take a few other family shots



Of course we couldn't leave out Santa Pug.

Your Daddy and I decided that we wanted to try very hard to win that little tree back, so when we went to Opening Night, we put a bid on it and won!  Of course we needed to find a very special home for that little tree, and thought that it should be with your Great Grandma Erbes.  She was thrilled, and so are we!  It's good knowing that this special little tree will always be in our family.

I love you my little sweetie.  Carter's Hope has gotten a lot of positive feedback, but man there is still a lot of work to be done.  I'm working on it though, and can't wait until it starts picking up a bit more. 

No comments: