June 27, 2011

Eight Days

Dear Carter,

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that it's really been eight days since I last blogged. Life has been simply CRAZY with making sure that I'm kepping your brother and sister busy. It's no excuse....I feel so guilty when I don't work on your blog. It's one of my ways that I take time out of my day to remember you. Not that I really need to take time out to remember you because you are on my mind every second of every day, but it still feels good to do something for you.

I cleaned up your gravesite today. We took some of our fresh flowers from the backyard and put them in your vase. I hope that you like them!

I've been doing a lot of reading time with Mikey and Jovie lately. We got library cards, and have been going once a week to pick out new books. I always thought that I preferred buying books to keep from the thrift store, but I must admit that I'm now getting hooked on the borrowing. It's really cool to see what types of books interest them, and see their curiosity build. These are some of my favorite parts of being a mommy, and I'm definitely trying to linger on each moment!

Tomorrow I'm taking your brother and sister to the splash pad. This will be the first time we've gone this year. I hope to update tomorrow night with pictures, and also catch up with some of our blog friends.

No comments: