June 6, 2011

The Language He Understands

Dear Carter,

We enjoyed our first official day of Summer vacation. After Jovie's dance class we went on a little outing to one of Mikey's favorite places...the Dinosaur Park. We even met the Travis family for a picnic. It was such a nice day, and it felt good to get out of the house.

During the Summer I really wanted your brother and sister to have a lot of fun activities to do. Jovie already has dance class and tumbling, so she is pretty much set. Mikey was a bit more tricky. He is playing T-Ball (which he is loving!), but I still wanted something else for him so I signed him up for a Tae Kwon Do class that is being held by our city recreation department. His first class is tomorrow. At first he didn't seem to excited for it, but I realized that may have been my fault. Here's how the conversation went down...

"Mikey, do you want to do Tae Kwon Do this Summer?"

"No"

I must admit I was a little shocked, so I pressed the issue a little more. "Are you sure?"

"No, I don't want to."

This is when I realized that maybe he wasn't understanding me. "It's like Karate Mikey...you really don't want me to sign you up?"

"Nope"

Still a bit shocked. "Why not?"

"Because I don't know what Karate is"

Me with the lightbulb over my head "It's like Kung Fu"

"AwwwweSome"

Yep, sometimes I have to speak in his language. Wish him luck!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

That is so funny! I do that all the time. Use big words, and the boys are like, what? I love summer!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh that Dinosaur Park looks soooo cool and my daughter would love it! I really wish I could take her there!