June 5, 2011

Summertime.....la la la

Dear Carter,

Here we are, back into Summer vacation. I have all of these grand ideas of things that I can do with your brother and sister to keep busy, and I'm hoping that I can keep the motivation to actually stick with my plans. Daddy is going to have a crazy work schedule this year, so we're going to have to make the most of our weekends (bring on the backyard cinema!)

Last year's Summer was kind of a blur for me. It started RIGHT after you passed away. Even through all of the sadness that I felt last year, there was one part that stands out to me because I believe it was where I started my healing.
We took a trip to Montana in early July to visit your Grandma and Grandpa. I'm so glad that we did because your Grandpa joined you in Heaven earlier this year. While we were up there we took a day trip to Glacier National Park...one of the most beautiful places on this Earth.


Here is a picture from our boat on the lake. I kept on thinking over and over again that God created this, so I can't even come close to imagining what Heaven must have been like. It was this thought process that began my difficult journey of accepting that it is OK for you to be in Heaven.While we were on a hike, we spotted these pennies. We love finding them because we know it's your way of saying Hi to us!It's crazy to look at how far we've come since then, and now my outlook is much more positive. We still have so SO far to go, but at least we know we are on the right path.


I have always LOVED Summertime and while last year's was a time that I look back on with a hole in my heart, I'm oh so hopeful that this year will bring much more happiness.So bring on the sunshine, trips to the park, and backyard pools. We could all use a bit of it.

1 comment:

wendy said...

what a GORGEOUS pic. continued prayers for you. regularly inspired by your heart. i love you. xoxo.