September 29, 2011

Better....Really? Yes!

Dear Carter,

I have a bit of a confession to make, and I've got to be completely honest...

lately I have been feeling like a great big giant failure.

There are some things that have happened recently which have made me come to realize that I have been slacking a bit in life. I haven't been a very good blogger which is not acceptable because this really is my only form of journaling...I haven't been keeping in touch with some of my friends which is just sad because they are important to me...I haven't kept promises that I have made...I haven't even been going to church which is completely terrible because it affects my relationship with God.

I can try to sit here and say that it's all because I miss you so much, but honestly that is just no excuse. God has given me this life as a gift, and I need to live it, and enjoy it, and make the most of it even with my broken heart. I have to "Keep On Keepin On" for your brother and sister and daddy. They deserve so much better, and I am telling you that I am promising to be better.

I want to be a better wife, a better mommy, and a better "Carter's Mommy". I want to be a better daughter, granddaughter, and friend.

I need to be a better child of God.

So, this is my proclamation of sorts that I AM going to do better. Because you are worth it my sweet boy, and I love you so very much.

1 comment:

theskinnymonkey.blogspot.com said...

Just wanted to say, sometimes we all feel this way! Just completely inadequate! I just want you to know I think you're awesome! You inspire me to do better!