September 16, 2011

It's Coming!

Dear Carter,

I'm beyond excited! I ran into a little snag while I was getting the Carter's Hope website up and running, and it's finally ready to go! Wahoo! Baby boy, you're about to make another huge difference in the world! I love you so much, and am looking forward to see where this leads. I'm hopeful that we will find new ways to offer support to special needs parents out there!

The website is going to kick off on Monday, and after it gets going, we'll be doing a few giveaways to help us spread the word. It's going to be fun!! To all of the special needs parents out there, we would love Love LOVE it if you would share your stories on the website, or offer any other ways that you think we could help. Please feel free to email me!

We have a bunch of other stuff going on too! Your second annual Operation Smile auction is happening at the beginning of October. If any of our readers have handmade items to donate, we would love to hear from you! There will be more info on the auction coming later this week.

Things around here have been quite busy. Daddy has been working a lot just trying to get himself used to his new area. He's getting the hang of it!

Jovie is just loving Kindergarten. She hurries home to do her homework, and usually finishes it all on the very first night. The Beefcake got into a little trouble this week when he literally ate her homework. Luckily, her teacher was very understanding.

Mikey is just plain growing up. It kills me the way he walks around with his hands in his pockets like he's a grown man. Second grade has been fun for him so far, and he's loving having so many friends in his class.

I've been doing a lot of "Mommy" stuff lately. For some reason I've been on an organization/meal planning kick. It's out of my typical realm, but it feels good to get some of these projects done. It just makes me feel good. I feel like it's a good use of my time.

I've been missing you a lot lately, but it's not hurting as much for right now. Probably because I've been so busy working on your tree and your website. I've been visiting your grave a lot more, and keeping it cleaned up and decorated. Look for some new Fall decorations coming this week!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Yea for it finally being done! I can totally make a blanket for the auction if you want!!

April said...

It sounds like you have some wonderful things in store! WOW!