September 12, 2011

It's That Time Again!


Dear Carter,

It's that time of year again when I've started getting to work on your Christmas tree. In most ways it feels like we just barely did this yesterday! I printed off our donation letters today, and plan to hit up the local businesses this week. I already made a stop at one shop today and am crossing my fingers that they say Yes!

Daddy and I have some serious plans for the little tree of yours. I think that it's going to turn out just simply adorable! I can't wait to get our second year under our belt! What's even more exciting to me is that your brother and sister are going to be creating their own tree for you this year. It's going to be a small tabletop tree so that they can decorate it themselves before we take it down for decorating day.

To Our Readers,

I've been getting a lot of questions about ways that people can help. I'm going to list a few ways, but please PLEASE don't feel pressured to do any of them. We appreciate just your positive thoughts and prayers, and I mean it!

The first way is to just attend the Festival Of Trees. This is actually how the charity makes the bulk of their money. It's an amazing sight to see, and completely worth it!

The second way would be to send an ornament for Carter's tree. We had a TON of donations last year which resulted in a tree truly made with love! I have gotten a lot of responses that people really enjoyed searching for the perfect ornaments, so if you would like to help...please send me an email to teamcarterjay at gmail dot com so we can work something out. We could use ornaments/figurines in the theme of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and Butterflies (for Mikey and Jovie's tree).

The third way would be a cash donation through our ChipIn page. Now, I KNOW that some people don't feel comfortable doing this, and I don't blame you one bit! I'm only putting it here for convenience for the people who have asked how to make a cash donation. All cash donations will be used to purchase things such as lights, ornaments, and supplies for our little tree. Here's the link, and I'll be placing it on my sidebar as well.



Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support. It's true that I've had a rough couple of weeks, but I do think I'm finally on the end of it. It's time to get to work for my baby boy!

1 comment:

Sherry C said...

Sweet what a nice event I'll be on the look out for ornaments now and be I'll sure to send them in time this year. I still haven't found time to write but it's on my list. It's be so busy with back to school many many meetings.