May 29, 2011

The Day Before Kung Fu

Dear Carter,

We went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 this morning, and it was so SO good. I'm a huge Kung Fu Panda fan anyway, and this movie just put the icing on the cake. There was one particular part that had me in tears and made me think of you, but I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to spoil the movie for anybody.

We came home afterward, and I got the wonderful opportunity to participate in a book chat about Angie Smith's book I Will Carry You. It was nice to chat with these ladies, and I feel as though I made a few new blogger friends.

We've been preparing for the day tomorrow. I still can't believe that we will celebrate your first angel day, but am thankful for the way we will be celebrating. Your daddy is running a half-marathon for you, and your brother and sister will be running a kid's mile. I asked them if they would like to wear their Team Carter shirts, or the shirt provided by the race...they didn't even have to think about it before replying that they wanted to wear your shirt. I'm so proud of them.
We're hopeful that the rain goes away for the morning, otherwise it's going to be a very dreary run.

We love you little sweetie pie.

1 comment:

April said...

Oh I am thinking of you on your tender day. May you be filled with love and peace! xoxox!!