May 7, 2011

Day One Of The Carter Project

Dear Carter,
Friday was day one of The Random Acts Of Carter, and I must say that I was overwhelmed with the response we have gotten on this project. I have gotten several messages from people telling me that they are participating, and we've already gotten a couple of stories submitted. PLEASE keep them coming if you've got them. It makes us all so proud to see that our little boy is spreading his beauty one person at a time.
Here's how our journey started. Yesterday your daddy participated in a 5K for cousin Emily's school. Check out this picture...Emily, Daddy, and Grandma all got certificates for placing in their age groups. Team Carter represented!While we were there, a man noticed our shirts and told us that he had heard of Team Carter before and that one of his relatives had a son with a chromosomal disorder. It was pretty amazing to hear somebody say that they had heard about you. It's like we have a famous son!
As we were leaving the race, Grandma found this penny on the ground. You were there giving us one of your random acts! I also got a message on my facebook wall from Lila yesterday. She is a teacher who I worked with at the junior high before Jovie was born, but she now lives in a different state. I haven't seen her in quite awhile, but she and I are facebook friends. Here's what she had to say:

We have begun our Random Acts of Carter board. My class has pledged to do one nice thing each day. Their goal is to fill the walls of the room with post its describing their actions. They hope to get the whole school in on it and cover the halls with good deeds and beautiful things.



Here is a picture of the board...we can't wait to see it all covered in Random Acts Of CarterMany thanks to Lila and her class. It looks great! You have no idea how proud we were to see this.


We love you so much Carter, and we are excited to see how this all unfolds. I have more stories to share, and I promise to. Stay tuned for more!

3 comments:

Ms. Theresa said...

Love it. So very special.

Phyllis said...

That is so awesome!! I a so impressed with all of your amazing ideas and efforts in honor of Carter!

Lauralee said...

Every time I read your blog, I bawl like a little girl. It inspires me, because you have taken something so sad and tragic like the loss of little carter and you have turned it into something that makes this world better. Thank you for sharing this with me and everyone else. I think we are all a little better for sharing it.