May 19, 2011

The Graduate

Dear Carter,
I can't believe that one year ago today was the last time that you were home with us. We packed you up early in the morning and took you up to the hospital. I had no idea that those last moments with you in the pre-surgical area would be the last time I would see you awake and alert. I treasured each second of it, and I always will.

I have been having a bit of a hard time lately. It's the time of year. So many anniversaries all in a row. The funny thing is that I've always thought that dates really didn't mean that much to me, and even as these dates were sneaking up on me I felt like I would be just fine. That is until they actually arrived. Now all I can think about is you and those last days with you. I hate thinking about the last days as they weren't the happiest time with you, but right now I find my mind drifting back there. I'm trying...I mean REALLY trying to just concentrate on the happy things that are happening right now, but I always find my mind back at the same place. This to shall pass...we just need to get through May.

Your sister graduated from Pre-school today. It's bittersweet for me. I'm extremely proud of her and the little girl she's becoming, but I honestly want to just keep her little. Your daddy always tell me that you'll always stay little for me, so at least I get to keep one of you small. Your brother and sister are growing up so fast!

Jovie had a little program for her graduation.

She wore her butterfly dress so that you would be there with her. I love this girl!

Afterward we had a picnic. Doesn't she look so grown up?! This girl loves her Daddy. Right now I can hear them talking about going on an alligator hunt together. I don't know where they come up with these things.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Been thinking about you guys a lot lately. <3

Congrats on the graduate! She's a cutie!

Tiffany said...

I don't know how the internet randomly led me to your blog, but it is beautiful.

Colleen said...

She is so adorable! I love the butterrfly dress for Carter. Happy graduation!