May 30, 2011

Angelversary

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of our family and friends for making Carter's first angelversary so special. I appreciate all of your little messages, gifts, good thoughts, and prayers. Michael and I were just talking about how lucky we are to have amazing people in our lives. Thank you. It means so much to us.

I am going to do a longer post tomorrow about our day today, because quite honestly I'm heading to bed. Yes, it's only 6:32, but I'm ready.

Our sweet friends, Kathy and Terry, put a memorial in the newspaper for Carter, and I think it pretty much sums up how we feel today. Thank you for doing this you guys...it means SO much to see his sweet little face there!
We stopped by the cemetery three times today, and each time there were more and more decorations. There's no doubt that our little guy was loved (this pic was taken the first time).


Thank you again to EVERYONE. We appreciate you all!


Good night!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you were able to have a special day. Must have been so hard. I can't even imagine. We just 'hatched' 9 butterflies last week (the ones you order from Live Butterfly Garden). We released one this weekend and it didn't take too long for it to fly away. I thought, oh, it must be going to say hi to Carter :)

Kimberly Krey said...

The memorial is precious! <3

Corinne Judy Smith said...

Thinking of you and your family! What a great memorial.

Lacey said...

Oh man his headstone is so beautiful! I can't believe its been a year since I rubbed that sweet little head. Miss you sweet boy!

Phyllis said...

Such a great family photo! Glad you had lots of love surrounding you on this first anniversary.